Sunday, June 14, 2009

GMP Local #17 Elections.

As you may already be aware, the date for the nominations and election for officers to represent GMP #17 is set. According to the latest issue of GMP Horizons magazine the nomination of officers will be on September 23rd during the regularly scheduled union meetings. The election will be on October 28th. The nominations and election will take place at the union hall located at 205 S. Santa Cruz Ave. Times for union meetings are 6:30 A.M., 2:30 P.M., and 6:30 P.M. During the election the union hall will be open for voting from 6:00 until 6:45. I will be talking more about the election in the days and months ahead. I have made it no secret that I intend to run for office, and I will write an article soon about which position I intend to run for and why I am running. The rest will be up to you. I will be setting up an election committee soon and I will be looking for volunteers to carry out a variety of functions. I can be contacted by phone at (209) 499-2859 or you can talk to me in the Carton Department on “D” shift. Unions in this country are at a critical crossroad and we need officers who have the ability, education, and experience to carry out a number of tasks. They also need to have the drive and determination to fight for what is right for the members of our union, both current and retired. I believe I have those qualities and can bring not only a vast life experience, but also a unique skill set that will be an asset to the union.

No comments: